Image du nouveau site
News : a glimpse behind the scenes at the future Musée de la Libération de Paris !

Keep up with progress on the building work and the Museum’s relocation to new premises with this evolving, interactive site.

Building work, project design, exploring the collections. Although the Musée du Général Leclerc de Hauteclocque et de la Libération de Paris has closed its doors to the public while it relocates (opening again 25 August 2019), it is still present on the Internet with its new website:

Click on the website:


image d'illustration
Musée de la Libération de Paris - Musée du général Leclerc - Musée Jean Moulin

Place Denfert-Rochereau
4 Avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy
75014 Paris

Keep up with building and restoration work on the pavilions

This new website features articles, photos, videos and other digital content to provide a window onto the Museum's relocation project from Montparnasse Station to its new premises in the Ledoux pavilions at the Place Denfert-Rochereau.

Through a presentation and a model of the project, the new website also explains the restoration of the two historic pavilions, which were designed by architect Claude-Nicolas Ledoux and, from 20 to 28 August 1944, were the headquarters of the French Resistance regional commander Colonel Rol-Tanguy and his staff.

A pictorial timeline shows you how the work is progressing from week to week

The relocation and the construction site are also an opportunity to rediscover the museum's collections, which are so central to the project, and to discover the craftspeople involved – the men and women responsible for the collections, who are shaping tomorrow's museum.

A new location steeped in history

The museum will re-open in all its splendour on 25 August 2019, the 75th anniversary of the Liberation of Paris,  The new location, in the Ledoux pavilions, will be a more accessible venue and easier to find.

But it will also resonate with the history of the period: Jean Moulin lived nearby and Colonel Rol-Tanguy's command post was in these pavilions. What is more, General Leclerc crossed the place Denfert-Rochereau when he entered the capital on August 25, 1944.

The Museum on the social networks

Keep up with what's going on at the museum and how building work is progressing: visit the Museum's Facebook page and its Twitter account. Find photos there of the building work, videos of the move and information about the collections. Stay connected!

Check out the Museum’s Facebook page: @MuseeLeclercMoulinLIberationdeParis


Check out the Museum’s Twitter account: @museeLibeParis